Hands Across the Border 2017
The Irish Patchwork Society and The Northern Ireland Patchwork Guild present:
“Hands Across the Border 2017”
Southern venue to be confirmed
Northern venue is Island Arts Centre, Lisburn, June 2017
Exhibition Rules and Conditions:
All Irish Patchwork Society and Northern Ireland Patchwork Guild Members are eligible to enter
- The quilt must consist of a minimum of two layers, although any technique may be used.
- Size: quilts can be made to a maximum of 1 metre square.
- The quilt has a free choice of edging treatments.
- No glass fronted, framed, mounted quilts or quilts made from kits will be allowed.
- The work should have been completed in the last two years.
- The quilt must have a 10 cm (4 inch) hanging sleeve, (with sufficient fullness to accommodate the hanging rod).
- Please ensure that your quilt is labelled on the back at the bottom edge with the following information: Name of the Quilt, Name of Quilter, Postal Address.
- The quilt should not have been exhibited prior to submission to this exhibition.
- Quilts made by more than one person at any stage of construction should identify all of those involved.
- Quilts are not for sale during the exhibition.
- The decision on which quilts may be hung rests with the exhibition centres, whose decision will be final.
- The quilts are covered by the IPS insurance once the quilt is received by the hosting branch.
- By entering your quilt you agree to have it photographed for publicity purposes and the catalogue of the exhibition.
- Each quilt must have its own bag labelled with the name of the quilt, the name of the maker and your branch / guild.
- Quilts will be released at the end of the exhibition period and not before that time.
- Deadline for quilts to be received is Saturday 4th March 2017. No late entries will be accepted due to cataloguing and photographing of quilts.